13 noviembre 2011

Street musicians in Centrum

Some of the people I see every single day, since I always go to Centrum by metro, are those street musicians asking for money (I wonder if they'll stay there when it snows).

I must say that the first day was cool. I mean, you see a guy playing music with a chair and he has some kind of rythm, so it's original and okay. But after a couple of days, and specially when you're going back home after a long day with a precious headache... then you stop seeing it as something original and you'd wish them a slow and painful death. It reminds me of this guy playing the violin every single morning in Nuevos Ministerios, in Madrid, who would NEVER play anything more than Pachelbel Canon (there's even a group on facebook so he changes the songs!). I completely understand the guy from the video...
Now you're infected by the Pachelbel Canon Syndrome too! how cool is that? :_D

At least that guy knows how to play the violin, no matter how much I hated him and hoped with all my heart that he fell downstairs and broke his fingers so my agony stops.

But these guys in Centrum are a whole completely different story.
The guy who should be here is an expert on the art of playing the Chair.
 Listening to this guy every morning is like if someone woke you up with a kick in the balls.
The only good musicians in this place are a band of old men who sell their albums and they're quite good, but sadly I always keep the earphones on to avoid the rest of the noise. Usually next to them there's an old man playing the harmonica. I like to call him Johnny Crash. ¿The bad thing about it?, he plays ALWAYS the same riff again and again, and this riff is just three notes.

The Headachal Brothers Live @ Centrum

But the special award goes to The Headachal Brothers and their greatest hit "Badum tss", which is repeated again and again until you just throw up and beg for the euthanasia.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario