21 septiembre 2011

Milk bars

Today after the Polish language lessons (and skipping the visit to the University Library, by mistake, I swear!) I ended up eating with two Spanish students in a place called "Familijny". This kind of restaurant is called Bar Mleczny, which means literally "milk bar", and it's one of the cheapest places I've ever found in my whole life.

Familijny - Bar Mleczny

When you enter the place there's a menu on the wall. You can choose what kind of dish you want, from soups, meat dishes (I think), desserts... all that. And all the dishes are typically Polish, which means you can try lots of different typical things for a cheap price.

I decided to order two dishes of pierogi ruski (I loooove them), filled with white cheese. But the cook, instead, told us she'd give us just one of them and a different second dish.
- Fine by me. Bring it on!
The second dish was like a roll made of crêpes filled with fried vegetables. Tasty aswell!
And it costed only 9 zlotych, which is like 2,20€.

Seems like I'm gonna eat there often.
And as I can see, this city is full of Bar Mleczny... no wonder I didn't see many McDonald's, this is cheaper, better, faster, tastier...

2 comentarios:

  1. Seguro q es comida polaca de verda??, no sera como comer en un chino aqui??, tienes q contrastar ese sitio con algun polaco

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Está contrastado. Son restaurantes donde la comida es barata y rica. Funciona de la siguiente manera: vas, pides lo que quieres (la carta está en la pared), te lo sirven, te lo comes y te marchas. Es como un restaurante de comida rápida, pero con platos típicos polacos.

    Hay algunos platos muy buenos. La sopa de tomate con arroz está genial (es un buen plato) y vale medio euro. Otras cosas como la pasta no son tan buenos, de hecho los platos de pasta están algo malos y encima les echan azúcar (no sé a quién se le ha ocurrido tal genialidad, pero está asqueroso).

    ResponderEliminar