27 septiembre 2011

First week in the city

All good. All more than good
I love this place.

I finally have a house, with a very nice bedroom in a very nice neighbourhood and one minute from the metro station.
The Polish language lessons are great and the teacher is nice and friendly. I truly believe that one of the most important things while learning (specially in languages) is having a good teacher that knows how to explain things the right way. We all agree we're really lucky to have Piotr helping us and only two weeks are not enough, specially when the lessons are so great. But surprisingly we're learning way more than I could have ever imagined. I can even understand some people's conversations in the bus, and they're speak really low!

If there's something I DON'T miss from Spain is precisely that: the noise in trains and buses. Here people aren't noisy at all. They speak, but their conversations are in private. You'll never hear two people talking out loud about their sexual lives, surrounded by strangers.

I've heard about young people listening to music with their cellphones, without headphones, but I must say I haven't seen any of them yet (luckily).
Travelling in Metro here in Warsaw is great. It's fast and confortable, and people are polite.

But the things we have in common (bad things) are those shorthaired guys, wearing sport clothes and gold chains. As I've heard, they're called "dres", because that's the name of their pants. There was another name for them, but I don't remember it.
Seems like these guys are international...

Something I didn't know is that here you have to pay when you go to a Public WC. Today I had to. I couldn't take it anymore and went to a public bathroom somewhere inside that underground maze called Warszawa Centralna. When I finished doing my duty I saw a paper saying something like: "peeing: 2 Zloty". According to what I've been told, people usually don't pay. For those who don't do it, there's an old woman inside a room, popularly called "the public bathroom grandma" (however it's called in Polish...), and she will shout bad things if you try to scape without leaving the coins on the plate.
But I paid, of course. I've just been told all this. I'm a polite guy and all that shit.

2 comentarios: