28 febrero 2012

Zimny Lech - to dobry Lech

It literally means "Cold Lech is the good Lech", but it couldn't be funny by itself if we don't think of it with a bit of black humor, which seems to be popular also here in Poland (for which I'm very glad). 

Disclaimer: black humor is like legs, some people have it, some people don't. Stop reading if you lack it. I mean, black humor.

So there I was, drinking a Lech beer when a friend told me the story about Zimny Lech.

¿Sabías que se ha muerto Mao? - ¡Joder, con lo que me gustaba esa cerveza!
It was a long time ago, April 10th 2010, two years before the end of the world, when the Ex-President of Poland, Lech Kaczyński, had a plane crash.

The story, or what I remember because I was quite drunk back then, began during the funeral. The advertising was in the street saying basically: "Cold Lech is the good Lech", where "cold" can be interpreted also as "dead". So there were lulz and anti-lulz and everything ended in the obvious way: advertisements retired.

Funny thing is that there was a new advertisement of Zimny Lech, where curiously a guy picks a Lech beer and starts flying away. And some people join him somehow and in the end...
PLOT TWIST ALERT!
...in the end they crash on a roof top. But with a happy ending.


4 comentarios: