21 diciembre 2011

Number stations!

After a long while looking for a good radio that could receive in SW, I found a great one that had the SW1 and SW2 channels. Of course it's also cool to have FM so I can listen to normal radio (so I learn the language better), but I was really interested in the Short Wave because of one of the most interesting things I've ever found: Number Stations. (All thanks to The Conet Project and my passion for the XX Century world history, specially the two World Wars).

So here I was, in my bedroom while it was snowing (and not melting!) out there. I decided to turn the radio on and check how the meteorological conditions afected the signal reception... and seems like it works better on cloudy days. Since I bought the radio I could barely find radio broadcastings in the languages that are around the country. I've even found a Romanian radio station broadcasting a program to learn chinese (fun!).

In the end I found this! which sounds like some typical coded transmission (hours scanning the spectre with different antennae on teh internets gave me some experience).
It's probably not a number station, but it's kweeeeel.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario